Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Inspiration!

Well, I'm starting to feel more confident about my writing (less confident, though, because I have this uncontrollable urge to start every blog post with "Well," or "So"). I do seem to be getting inspiration from all kinds of sources. Perhaps because I've been reading so prolifically lately, or maybe because I've been bored at work a lot.

That completely random story I posted here came from having a song stuck in my head. A recent character sketch came from a trip to Arlington National Cemetery. A pet project of mine got a bit of attention just because yesterday.

I still need to improve the writing itself (and will always need to, since there is no perfect writer), but when inspiration comes regularly it begins to lift the greatest hurdle for me, which is consistently spending time with the notepad or the keyboard.

No comments: